Thread: Geek Humour
View Single Post
Unread 3 May 2005, 13:29   #87
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Re: grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
If that were the case, shouldn't the assignment actually require use of the relevant chapter in order to complete it?

I don't think we can assume that.
Surely, though, in dropping his barometer from the top of the building and timing it he is using a stopwatch or other device, as well as some form of weighing equipment to ascertain the mass of the barometer, etc, all of which he has not been given in the question. The whole point of the question was that he has a barometer and had to use IT in scientific method - not any other objects - to discover the height of the building. No?