Thread: Geek Humour
View Single Post
Unread 3 May 2005, 12:42   #86
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Geek Humour

2^x = e^ax, where a = ln 2. So when you integrate it you get a extra factor of a. If I were 2^x I would choose not to integrate since a factor of ln 2 would decrease my magnitude. Perhaps the joke assumes a perverse conformist value judgement that magnitude is a bad thing, or the joke is an allegory of peer pressure.

My only complaint about the joke is that it ignores any kind of constant of integration. The relevant integration operator must be an exact integral between minus infinity and x. But you have to allow a little artistic licence.

Last edited by queball; 4 May 2005 at 00:35.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote