View Single Post
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 09:50   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
This World Cup is the worst ever (DRAMA)

I wish to express my dismay over this worldcup.

Yesterday in the match croatia-australia I have seen the worst referee actions in recorded history. I have had my doubts over referee dicisions all the time this tournament but last night´s match was the worst ever.

Three penalty fouls were overseen in that match alone. The ref had no control so was pulling yellows and reds left and right. He forgot to pull the red after giving someone a second yellow so he actually could continue to play. The one team continually fouled the other with no consequence. And that is this match alone.

The same with holland-argentina. Foul after foul unnoticed, dutch get yellow cards left and right for no reason, two penalty fouls unpunished.

In short my friends, this world cup is rigged. It is about business and not competition. How? Simple.

For the sponsors it would be nice if their brand is seen by as many people possible. So, who would be economically more interesting - holland, or argentina? Croatia, or australia? The ref will (you can check this) always favour the team that has the MOST PEOPLE WATCHING ON TV.

In brazil and argentina the millions of people actually live in front of the tv, watching game after game. This means unlevelled brand exposure in these countries. If they would be knocked out, this would probably mean 200 million people LESS who see the coca cola commercial.

It´s so blatantly obvious it sickens me.

Bleh.