View Single Post
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 08:54   #36
Breezer
Gone Fishin

Breezer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Curse of Power

SLICK and ADAM

You run into each other at the junction where the cave forks up to the left and down to the right (for slick....for adam it would be straight, or to the left a tunnel goes down...you know). You continue together down into a large lighted room. Stalagtites and stalagmites decorate the room, while a hologram projector in the center comes on.

"Greetings. Allow me to introduce myself. First of all, my name would be too hard for you to pronounce in your language, so you may call me John. That would be a suitable equivilant. My time is limited, so I will be brief. I am an Atlantean. Our civilization is on the brink of destruction due to a misuse of the power we were able to harness. We scientists were able to, in part, harness and use the elemental powers of earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as influence the hearts of others, and even time itself. You stand in the remains of a smaller research laboratory. I stored away in this place the lesser versions of these powers, but they are still to be handled and used with caution. I must warn you that there are some that are seeking these powers out. Do not flaunt them around as if they were ordinary. Use them for good, but try to be inconspicuos. Now. There is a greater labratory that contains the full version of these powers. You must get there before anyone else, and do whatever is necessary from preventing those items from falling into the wrong hands. I realize this is a major undertaking, and will not hold it against you if you simply leave now. But by taking any of the items, you accept these responsibilities. I previously mentioned you would only be able to take item each, but seeing as how there are not enough of you to carry all 6, Hannah and Adam may each take one, while Andy and Trisk will be permitted to take 2."

Behind the hologram, 6 pedastals are illuminated. 5 of them hold the elemental rings, and the other contains what appears to be a wrist watch. John continues

"I have equipped this program with automated answering software. If you have any questions, please direct them to the hologram after choosing your equipment."

The rings are all set with different colored stones, each containing emblems of some sort. The earth ring is green with a picture of the globe, fire red with a flame, wind white with strange lines, water blue with a water drop, and spirit/heart marked with a heart. Each sits on its own pedastal, which also contains the rings emblem markings. The wristwatch is yellow and has a couple buttons on the right side. No special emblem is on its pedastal.

"Nothing is more frightful than ignorance in action." --Goethe
Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote