View Single Post
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 18:32   #94
Bromcrysal
We are but Men... ROCK!

Bromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura about
Re: Jihad. Reality or Stage-Managed Psychological Warfare

Ok, folks, I hate to add a little relaity to this debate, but, here's the facts:

Point 1
The Islamic world is in a stage of it's development now that such things as Terrorism and Jihad are inevitable. A human, by himself is a thinking creature, intelligent and capable. Humans in groups are unruly protoplasma who knnow only stimulus-response, and as such, are prone to follow the same patterns as other groups before them. Now, Islam is coming up to it's 1000'th year, and where was Christianity after 1000 years? Jihad might be compared to the Holy Crusades, 1000 years later. Terrorism could be seen as similar to the inquisitions, 1000 years later. And before you re-post about how scientifically and culturally enlightened the Islamic world was around the 12th century, remember how enlightened Christian Rome and Constantinople were in the second century. If this pattern continues, we won't see a "chilled out" Islam in 100 years, more like 900.

Now, don't interprit this post as support for the ways muslims have been behaving... Personally, I think a few ICBM's would relieve me of these worries, while at the same time, giving Russia and India a LOT more parking space . I know, however that this solution is stupid and pollitically impossible, so we'll have to deal with the situation as it is.

Point 2
Yes the protests are contrived... why do you think the signs are written in english? Duh!

And Finally
This Debate is entirely about religion, as religion, by it's nature, attempts to constrain people into proscribed patterns of behaviour. I am not against religion ( I am a Christian) But religion has always been in conflict with freedom. For this reason, the two (religion and freedom) cannot coexist unless religion is a free decision by each individual. The attacks against the cartoons are an attempt by a religion to force people to thier own viewpoint, and as such MUST BE RESISTED by anyone who supports freedom.