Thread: Phone a friend!
View Single Post
Unread 26 Sep 2006, 05:04   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Phone a friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
I've always wondered how they'd stop this sort of thing. I mean, not Google, because the "I'll tell you in 15 seconds <tap> <tap> <tap> 1974" might give you away, but I don't see why you couldn't have your phone-a-friend in a room with twenty other people who all listen to the question on speaker-phone and scribble down the answer on a piece of paper and show the friend if they know the answer.
The answer is they don't, or at least not our version anyway.

During one episode of the Australian Who Wants To Be A Millionare, the contestant stated that the phone-a-friend she had chosen was in a loungeroom with 3 other people, 1 of which was operating a computer connected to the internet, another with encyclopedia on hand and that they were all working together to help find the answer. Neither the presenter nor the shows producers appeared to have any problem with this and treated everything as normal. In the end it didn't help anyway because of that limiting time factor.