View Single Post
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 21:40   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Why I hate F-Crew.

For a long time I have hated F-Crew.

At first I thought it was because F-Crew were crap at the game. After a while I realised that whilst this did bug me it wasn't the only factor, there were others. What I will do is present an agrument to the pa forums as to why I hate F-Crew.

- F-Crew are shit.

This has been something that really gripes me in planetarion. I fail to understand what fun one could get from consistently coming last (I mean this in the sense that you guys have never and will never finish first.) It pains me to know that there is are alliances out there that don't want to do their best.

You see the F-Crew pravda would say that they are a training alliance. Stepping stones if you like onto bigger things, but I believe that this is a cover. What is it covering? I think that it is really covering up how crap they are.

Take driving a car, for the first time they will be a bit shit, but they should get better right and indeed they do. But why have F-Crew been consistently crap year on year? I have played with several new players, "trained" them so to speak and they have sometimes ended higher than myself and other galaxy mates.

This leads me onto my second point.

- F-Crew don't train.

Linking onto the last paragraph of my first point, it is my belief that F-Crew don't actually train the players in their alliance. From my understanding F-Crew was and they will claim, still is a training alliance.

Let's for a minute take the bait and believe the party line, that they are there to train new players.

Hello. It's 2007, this game stopped gaining new players circa 2002, there are no new players to train. But let's say there are some new players trickling into the game (I myself find this hard to believe when player numbers are down year on year.)

The training F-Crew must do is rubbish. How many of these new players actually learn the ropes? How many of these new players finish in respectable positions? How many of these new players move onto the upper tier of alliances? (although I would like to refrain from using the upper tier of alliances, as it is my belief there is a lack in todays game of that elite operating, the gameplay of today feels so incestuous I believe I could get into eXilition!)

Like I noted above when I have had new players I have taught them the game, introduced them to contacts, advised them and that's it. I am there to answer questions but for the most part it's in the manual. Everyone can read it and it probably does a better job explaining the mechanics of the game than myself. Nevertheless F-Crew don't seem to do training that well.

- Red Red Whine, Why don't you care?

My gripe with the F-Crew is that they think they are doing a great public service. It is my belief that they are not. What F-Crew will have you believe is that they are better than you because they are shit and take on shit planets. No F-Crew you aren't better than me or anyone else. There are far better alliances at training than F-Crew, one such alliance that doesn't jump on the moral bandwagon of attempting to massage an ego if it moves is that of Subh. Now that is a proper alliance, that trains players to win.

- Ultimately.

It is my belief that F-Crew are essentially losers. Not in the sense of Beck, but in the sense that they don't aim to win. What kind of attitude is that to pass on to new players (if they exist)? For F-Crew to be a truly great training alliance they should aim to win, and train their players to think accordingly.

It's planetarion, not a picnic. I hate to break it to you, F-Crew, but you can have fun winning, in fact it is normally more fun.

- Over to you.

I believe that I am not alone in having a general hatred towards the F-Crew, I could have made a list but that would be boring and not nearly enough wakeyesque in it's approach.

Instead I ask you the readers of the forums, to chip in and say why you love or hate the F-Crew.