View Single Post
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 15:38   #17
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: dont go opening them thar .wmf files now...

gdi32.dll isnt the file which has the flaw so why thats the one being patched i dunno.

edit : according to cert now, it could be too. : http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/181038

personally i wouldnt touch that patch - no telling of what it will or wont do. would much prefer to see the source for it, see a diff for what modifications were done, and compile it myself before i use it
maybe im just paranoid but there you go

ive done the regsvr workaround for now, and will use any ms patch when they eventually get off their arses and make one

as for the DEP , its worked in some cases, it hasnt in others from what ive seen on sites like fsecures blog, sans, etc.

Last edited by Phil^; 29 Dec 2005 at 15:53.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote