View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2008, 19:45   #30
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Make the manual a Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey View Post
A wiki for the manual would be completely daft. We already see people in this game using every possible loophole to get ahead and get away with cheating including using the 'The support team said it was ok' and this would make it easier. The manual is after all one of the official documents that is supposed to be correct and dictates what we can and cant do.

A guide system to accompany the manual done via a wiki system would be fine but you need the official manual to be uneditable by anyone but officials
You seem to me to have a very narrow view of what is in the manual. How would being able to edit the politics page, or mining page or heaven forfend, the journal page allow people excuses for cheating? This isn't rhetorical, I honestly don't know how it would and if you could present reasonable cases I would be open too changing my position on this.

That said, pages like the exception system might warrant protection. As you say, erroneous content here is much more costly than (say) a vandal deleting the section on covert operations for a few hours (or minutes).

The default, however, should be 'open to edit'. We tried it for over 3 years on PAWiki and found that almost everyone who edits does so with the intent to improve the content.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote