Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Unread 15 Jan 2007, 01:41   #39
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: Unbelievable

I come from a small town in North Wales, UK. This town only has a population of 20k or so, so therefore basically every1 knows eachothers business, and if some1 came up holding a knife to u, the chances are u'l know his name, or know of him. In this town fights were common between ppl, mainly the farmers arguing about whos got the better tractor etc

Anyway in September i moved to Newcastle in England, i'd heard rave reviews that the city was safe etc, and so far i haven't felt bothered at all. Apart from one night i finished working in TigerTiger bar about 4am, it was peeing it down so i decided to walk the unlit way home rather than sticking to the main streets, i got out my phone to text my flat m8s to say let me in etc and to get out the vodka etc Anyway, as i turned the corner, two lads were standing there, they asked "can i use your phone", i said "sorry, i dont have credit", so one big ****er said "can i have ur phone then, and tried to grab it", coming from my town, where i was always respected for sticking up for myself and m8s, i didnt think twice about hitting him, knocked the big bastard to the floor, and started running. It wasn't til later on the next day i realised, if i didnt knock that guy out, or they ran and caught me, i would have been in a situation which id never been in, would they have a weapon? or just kick me to near death? Anyway, i still have my blackberry, and im guessing he still has a broken tooth coz my feckin knuckle killed for weeks

Thats my little story, i still walk back from work late at night, and to be fair newcastle is a very nice city, nearly no trouble at all. I'm not so sure its the youths faults these days, its the doo gooders who say "don't slap kids" etc. When i was younger, i didnt do hardly anything wrong, because not only might i get hit by my dad, his shouting was immense, but it wasn't just that, it was the thought of letting down my parents and my families name that was the most important. These days u have ppl who think the government owe them something, rather than them working to get something. but yet again the doo gooders step in "Offer them more dole, they will then b able to live better, behave better etc". This is bollox, although i believe some ppl are on the dole for a reason, half of them are on it for the easy way of life.

I was on a bus back up2 newcastle. and we stopped at liverpool before going to manchester, i heard two mid-twenties lads talking about how theyve just got their dole money, so they were going to manchester for a piss up and hopefully "a ****ing good fight". I can't believe my dad works rediculous hours to put good food and a good roof above our heads, while he gives a percentage of it to the government so they can hand £80 a week to these scum bags who basically buy beer, gamble and buy smokes from it.

This is where i think the government is wrong, at the moment a population of the people on dole are just living the easy life, every day going to have a few beers down the pub, watch all the tv programs, and basically be a lazy arse, if these ppl have kids, the kids grow up to be exactly the same. i say the government should lower the dole rate, this way the ppl on dole will find it harder to live, and therefore will have to earn there right for food, and shelter, and then maybe the youths of the world might grow up and realise u dont get newhere in life without having to work for it, rather than having fun down the pub at the governments expense

Basically, its too easy to get on the dole these days, and its too comfortable, lower dole rate, more ppl in work, better thriving economy, less ppl on the streets, youths bought up to respect expensive items like phones, and for them to realise they have to work for certain luxuries rather than just stealing them or threatening ppl to get something.

P.S ive never been very good at writing essays, i lose focus, but u get the idea
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote