View Single Post
Unread 21 Sep 2011, 16:54   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Planetarions current political situation.

I do think that the stats affect smaller alliances a lot more than bigger alliances, especially now as the alliances tend to tell every member what race or what fleetsetup they are going to play with.

This actually causes a lot of differences between the players, and personally I think this is a slight unfair advantage. Personally, I would prefer that stats were tested by a small group of players, and only shown to everyone at start up, or that we kept the same stats over again, to maintain it. For a new player (a few does exist) it is confusing to have stats totally change every round. ( I know however that the base would never accept this, but if we want to get some new players to the game, thats the way to go.)

So stats DOES affect how alliances do, and it is also creating a tough enviroment for the people who are without tag, or in a smaller alliance. I do personally feel that a smaller tag would give people more options playingwise. Especially the ones without a tag. Rounds between r10 and r22ish, we actually did get a few people who were allianceless who were in top 100, that happens more or less never now. (Except if they're in a fortress gal)

I am not saying radical change would be only good, change is never JUST good, but change is needed to create interest, and to create an enviroment that would be more fairer and equal for all players.