View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 00:55   #46
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [George Galloway] Sky News pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well you said that MPs did what they could inspite fo the whips system, which pretty close to nothing.
Not really. The whips system enforces the party line by making life very difficult for those who don't obey it. Of course, some MPs are entrenched enough not to care - with Kate Hoey as an example.

However, without whips we'd have chaos. A credible alternative has yet to be presented to me.

Quote:
I support democracy I just don't believe we live in one, any more than East Germans believed they lived in a democracy.
Elective dictatorship? Probably when it comes to the executive, but it all depends on the Government's majority. The Government's incredible majority from 1997 to 2005 probably did create this situation. I am less inclined to say it does now - certainly not to the same extent.

Quote:
I am sure we can experiment with any number of voting systems. By observing their operation in other European countires we notice 2 important things. Firstly no matter what system you have it hasn't led any country to a glorious utopia. Secondly no matter who you vote for, the government always wins.
What is a glorious utopia? I've seen no evidence that such a selfless society exists, nor any that one will ever exist.

Quote:
I no longer work at the number 10 press office and your opinion was boring and predictable.
If you're happy, congratuations. I was unaware that you'd changed jobs. As for my opinion, I'm not going to apologise for consistency. Boring? If you say so :crymeariver: I guess I'm just not radical enough

Quote:
I don't believe there ever was an "old Labour."
Why?