Thread: One man Bands
View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2008, 15:22   #24
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: One man Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
All those definitions specifically say that the person playing devil's advocate knows the position he's defending is the wrong one, or at least that he doesn't take it because he knows it's right.
God you truly are an idiot. It looks as if you've forgoten the point i was making to begin with. It doesn't say the person knows its the wrong one, just that they argue against others.

I'm not accusing you of anything. if you read up you'll find out we agree on the same thing. Its just our explanation of how we agree differs. I'll explain in Laymans terms so you don't get lost in the meaning:

*He made a suggestion,
*People gave arguments for and against
*Someone asked why this thread was here
*I said :
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW
Entropy]because people are allowed to make suggestions, but need to be prepared to be burnt down by everyone opposing it ...those playing Devils advocate so to speak
to be honest i'll stop there, because arguing against something IS determining its validity, even if only a small amount. Therefore anybody doing so is assuming the role of Devils Advocate.

need me to go over that again?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote