View Single Post
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:46   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Based on what? Didn't Luddites get laughed at and forgotten ages ago?
It's a purely subjective decision on my behalf. There are various things that I think are cool and desirable, other things I would prefer not be developed. While I can see the intellectual justification of developing everything we can develop (e.g. the mathematics behind such a theory) - I don't see the industrial justification of devoting resources for the hell of it.

On a practical side, I see that either robots would be completley opressed (and I can't support restricting the liberty of a sentient being) or they'd be given freedom and I see no reason why they wouldn't obliterate us or blatantly surpass us. I'm a humanist, not a universalist (Erm?).

I won't be alive during these developments of course, so it doesn't really matter.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote