Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 12:33   #33
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Animal Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
I have always personally thought that vegatarianism was foolish, simply because it deprives the human body of a source sustenance which it was designed to take in.
It evolved it was not designed, there is a HUGE difference.

Quote:
On abolition of the meat industry, there would also be many economic ramifications. I'm sure you are aware of this and won't bother to go into, as it's not all that revlevent to you're argument in the way you have presented it.
the same argument could be made for the abolition of the arms trade.

Quote:
An interesting note; since you do not consider us to be 'special' or a 'higher life form' as it were, does this mean that you would not consider human life to be worth more than that of an animal? Personally I would. ( I am not insinuating that you do not value human life, but this would have to be a consideration surely in not classifying humans as higher life forms).
I do not consider a human life to be worth more than that of an animal, on a purely theoretical basis.

Would I save the life of an animal over that of a human? Probably not, but then we can go into specifics circumstances. For example, you might be inclined to save a cow rather than a human being if you were stuck on a desert island as the cow has a greater use value (had to get Marx in here somewhere ) although conversation would be more tedious, but at least you would survive longer.

Even considering this most people (I imagine) would be inclined to save the human even though this may diminish the chances of survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptis arcos
-----------------------------
it was only my opinion.
-----------------------------
Right, this a forum for debate. I came here and gave my opinion on a matter and you replied. I am now replying to your reply. this is how it works. You challenge my opinion and I challenge yours. If you have a problem with that then I think you've picked the wrong forum.

Don't take it personally it is just a debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptis arcos
And in respect to the
the Quote about the black slave trade. That has nuthing what so ever to do with animals so why bring it up?.

And of corce it dus not make it right just because we have dun it in the past.

I was saying i have eatin meat and always will i did not say it was ok to do it i just do because it was the way i was brought up.

but that is irelivent to the point.
I was just using it asan example. Just because something has gone in the past (i.e. the slave trade or people eating meat) it does not mean that it we should do it in the future. It is exactly the point, tradition is not always correct. If you were brought up in a neo-Nazi family it doesn't make it ok to be a racist. How you were brought is not a blanket excuse for your actions in the future.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote