Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 12:18   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Animal Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
It makes us unique that unlike any other animal we can be held accountable for our actions.
This is just random extrapolation though. I can say it makes us unique because it entitles us to rights.

Quote:
I'm not really sure how you would define 'higher form of life' as there are so many ways to do it. the most conveniant for people would be to assume our main attribute (i.e. intelligence) is the marker on which animals should be graded. It could also imply the length of time an animal has survived without major evolutionary changes, like a shark (am I right about this point? How much have they changed?). then again, you could go with a species ability to survive in which case it would be bugs (such as the cockroach) which would be consdiered the highest forms of life.
I'd imagine we'd have to base it on complexity. Much like we say a billion years as a slave is worth less than a lifetime of freedom, survival ability is fairly irrelevant to this point.

Quote:
that is a problem of our own making and brings us towards euthenasia. Is it right to let them all starve to death when there isn't enough grass to feed them all or do we kill off a load to keep a 'balance'? this practice is already carried out in some places, not with cows of course and is part of a heated debate.
It's not a problem of our own making. It's a necessary inevitability. If you believe animals can't own property then there's nowhere they have a right to exist.