Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 23:15   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Animal Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
We give rights to children and the mentally ill, these are animals which cannot consent.
Children, as definite potential consenters, are a case of excerption not abstraction.

Quote:
We as people (theoretically at least) assume the responsibility of protecting those who cannnot defend themslves.
This has nothing to do with consent but okay.

Quote:
We look after the mentally ill who may not be able to understand their rights and responsibilities in society.
Similarly to children you can view the mentally ill as potential consenters pending medical advances. That said I don't consider "braindead" people as deserving of rights and I'd lean more towards considering them the "property" of whoever they expressed a desire to become the "property" of in some sort of will.

Besides that we clearly have to draw the line somewhere. I'd rather not live in a society which goes around imprisoning people for squashing irritating insects to be honest.