View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 00:16   #38
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Working/moving abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
Is it possible to get a permanent visa for these countries?
I heard they have pretty strict immigrant laws aswell, originally New Zealand has always been my dream country, but since I heard about very strict immigrant laws and such I kinda got discouraged. Seems like US has very strict immigrant laws aswell though. People want to keep me from living in countries with good weather
As for the euro not being worth much overthere, does it differ alot? Like how far would i come with say 1500 euros. Less than a month?
You could get a permanent Visa I suppose. If you have some IT skills then the country could probably use you for some purpose, but I'd suggest just worrying about getting a work visa for now.

1500 EU is about $2700 NZD. You could live quite comfortably off that for a couple of months here. Three at a stretch. Ballpark $250-$300 NZD a week for a reasonable rent + expenses which is about 130-160 EU. If that sounds cheap, keep in mind the fact that your earning power will be proportionately less as well.

As an aside, If you think the country is filled with Lord of the Rings scenery, then you will be sorely disappointed. You'll probably end up in a city wherever you go, and one city is much the same as another in my book.