View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 02:43   #1
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Need lyrics? (winamp-plugin)

I came across a nice thing lately.
It's a program called "EvilLyrics".

It basically grabs the title from your current playing song (supports Winamp, Windows Media Player and some more stuff), and looks it up on the internet. The results from various lyrics-pages are parsed and displayed to you nicely (well, most of the time).

There's also a karaoke-mode. It's very simple (not like "real" karaoke), it just scrolls down the lines in time (synced to the song -- given that you've got the same song length as the one who recorded the file).

The nice thing about this karaoke mode is, that it can interacted with Milkdrop (a popular Winamp visualization plugin), ie. send the messages to it. So it kind of looks cool.

Enough talking, here you've got a screenshot!

Great, huh?

Of course not all lyrics can be found, it depends a bit on "how popular" the song is. Sometimes (1 in 10 or 1 in 20 maybe) you'll get artefacts from badly parsed webpages, but you can skip to the next result.
Nice side-effect is, that over time, your own lyrics-base will be built up.

Overall a nice tool. I'm using the latest nightly build (developer-version), it has got more functions and works better IMO than the last stable build (which is still from 2004).

So here you go:

http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/

Enjoy!