View Single Post
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 12:09   #42
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
the taleban were merely defending their country/regieme
Exactly Mr Edward sir! It's time people here saw sense, I thank you!

The US decision to hold Taleban (a political organisation, not the fanatical terrorist killing machine we're supposed to think of) as "hostile combatants" is based on very, very shaky logic. Furthermore, they held them outside of their own country, so that the prisoners weren't granted even the basic rights enjoyed in the US penal system.

You've all seen the pictures - you think it's RIGHT that they are held in cages, chained up in the open? You think it's right that John Lindh got 20 years, for legitimately defending Afghanistan against the coalition invasion? What RIGHT does the US et al have to enter a sovereign state, to pursue somebody that they are after? How would the US react if Russia or China pursued the countless Russian/Chinese criminals hiding there?

I'm not anti-US, I just wish they'd stop proclaiming themself the world's moral saviour, whilst at the same time they commit countless attrocities themself.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote