View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 23:09   #5
r2baz

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
Re: General in game scan request feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
What would the scanning planet get out of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz View Post
The planet that did it would get a resource bonus (basically get paid for it)
Sorry I thought this thread had disappeared into oblivion so sorry for not responding.

The planet would pay extra for the scan, for example a 5000 of each resource scan would cost 7000... (bear in mind this is to help people who are possibly unallied, new players not to punish them)

The scanning planet would get a resource bonus for doing the scan. So for doing a scan that cost, for arguments case, 5000 of each resource they would get maybe 10000 back or some variation of amounts. You could limit the number of scans per hour if you were worried about scanning planets "making too much" from this, although i would say good on them for doing it.

As for who would "pay" the scanning planet, i would say let the "galactic federation" pay it, ie nobody pays but the game recognizes it as a nice thing to do and encourage and rewards those that do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaejii
would possibly have potential for abuse though.
Not totally sure how, sorry :/ but then woudn't be surprised
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote