View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2010, 01:57   #118
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance Size for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Last round we had 5 serious alliances that considerably exceeded 40 players, of those only 4 still play. Thus it only would effect a minority of alliances.
Also shouldn't activity be the deciding factor on how alliances perform, and not how many semi-actives you can drag along?
in that case we might as well reduce your definition of activity to its core, count the number of pageclicks per account and that person wins!
In other words, your assumption as stated above is flawed. If you want to reward anything it should be efficient fleet use and score maximization.

Quote:
PA should not put even more concern towards lower active players. They are pampered enough as is.
What? Shouldn't PA put more concern towards those players? As spinner also posted somewhere, this game design is inherently flawed as it needs a constant influx of roids and new players. You are suggesting the opposite it seems, I might be wrong, but please enlighten me then.
Quote:
It might be that the kicked players (the number will not be very high) don't form new alliances. But it is more likely that they will join another tag instead of playing completely random.
As for the activity drop...from my experience this hits larger tags worse than smaller tag, since it is not the core players that tend to get inactive but those you fill your tag up with.
Smaller tags decrease the obstacles required for creating a competitive alliance, thus might be incentive for new players to form their own or BGs to leave bigger tags and play under their own name.
New players do not spontaneously organize. Really, this is a game, not a job or a calling. If you are new and you have to do all that stuff you are suggesting, you just find another game.

In general you seem to make a mistake a lot of 'smaller tag limit' posters seem to make and that is that if you 'force' people to create 'smaller' tags, they will. I think if you push people towards things they do not want in a game, they stop playing and leave. This point is backed up by the following studies:

Art of Game Design
Theory of Learning
Predicting how people play games

Less scientific, more accessible the points I am referring to are also listed here.