View Single Post
Unread 2 Oct 2011, 05:58   #34
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Will a top tier alliance ever fight DFWTK 1v1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
PA in of itself is not boring. If I pop a pizza in the oven I don't get bored waiting for it to cook becuase I leave it be and do something else for 30 minutes. If i was to sit in front of my oven and watch it cook for 30 minutes it would be a boring experience. The boredom people perceive in PA can only be reached if you sit there and watch your PA account for an hour in between ticks with nothing else happening. That is not and should never ever ever be pereceived as a boredom with PA. Its a bordeom with your life. The fact you are watching your account for an hour straight with nothing happening so you reach a state of boredom speaks more volumes about the boring life of the person doing that, rather than an inherent flaw in the game

What is boring is the meta game. If you try to assign too many minutes of your life to PA then you have to make it more than it is. In making it more than it is you inevitably have to aspire/partake in the meta game. And the meta game is so boring because it is just people talking. One person with a boring life talking to another person with a boring life.

Its ironic that Zeyi (sorry to target this point against you Zeyi, it is in fact indicitive of the majority but yours is the last post I read) signs on a xan and then says the game is boring. Stats get changed from round to round but they work within constraints of course. If you want PA the game to take up more of your time and be more intresting for the time you spend on it, then dont go a shitty ass race that limits your possiblities. If you are bored by the mundaness of attack 2 fleets defend 1 fleets & sending some fake. then go a stealing race and hunt fleets to steal...get a fc group together.. get a scan planet on fast call so you can react tick to tick to fleet movements, get a cov op planet involved to find out if xans are real or fake... go a cov op planet and cnut any1 you fee like. Spam structure killers and hunt scanners... play low value in a +50 member tag and crash to kill value of an enemy alliance... go a support planet and be a hero saving the planets that make your alliance win.

There is a ton of options available to a planet to make the game intresting if you are a person who wishs to spend more time on PA than a few minutes per tick, but the majority choose not to explore the game. The majoirty choose to take a safe option and be a nothing planet, hoping beyond all hope to finish at a halfway decent rank to validate themselves in the eyes of their similary unisprational peers

You (in general, not specifically you Zeyi) are bored by the limitations of your own imagination. Dont sign up to a game and set your options (by picking a race with shitty ass limitations) to be 2 fleet attack 1 fleet def per day and then complain the game is boring. LOL. If i buy a ferrari and drive it at the speed limit i'd be bored.

In the immortal words of NWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li9XW0Jz8WU
You overestimate PA. (And you don't know how to make a pizza... 30 minutes.. pfffff..)

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote