View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 20:37   #54
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best rep thread ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'd personally love the ability to receive criticism at work that was anonymous but that doesn't happen, and so most "feedback" you get is reduced to bland, meaningless and undeserved praise - given by people frightened of causing a scene (or being murdered, who knows) or worse stiill - by misguided people who believe that by ignoring my numerous problem and errors they're doing me some sort of favour. Even on trivial subjects - what I wouldn't give for a system which would allow a colleague to point out that I smell particularly like a Frenchman today. But since the ability to do this anonymously doesn't exist, they do not tell me this, and so we all lose out. It's the tragedy of the commons, except with more awkwardness.
well you said it already, if there was actually constructive critisism in the neg rep it wouldn't be such a big deal, but the majority of the neg reps I have are just empty.. not any text in it.. at all.

in the end I'm more in favor of somebody just posting a reply and with that reply they can give rep points to the post they're replying to..

i'm wondering if there's all sorts of drama now between people that know eachother "wth you negrepped me because of that post? I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND" etc.
and with that I wonder if that was the purpose of the mods when they enabled us to see previous anonymous negreps

also, if I knew you I'd tell you you smell like a frenchman if you want

and last but not least:
I got a pos rep from yahwe, which he signed!
I also got a neg rep from yahwe though, which he didn't sign
cura is offline   Reply With Quote