View Single Post
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 08:37   #29
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The fantastic secret abundance of crap planets in 1:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Lots of bots (while sounding cool in my head) just wouldn't work practically, especially when you thing into the depths of attacks / defence etc..

From what I've seen Appoco's say in various channels, they're there to give little people trying to break into the universe something to hit to build themselves up & get some attack confidence.

I think it's a good idea & keeping them in 1:1 removes the potentially messy element of giving each gal their own bots or even whole bot galaxies.
So the fact that they give them very easy targets that wont build def against their attacks, nor get defense from anywhere else prepares them for real pa? Especially when they don't know they're automated bots and the rest of the universe is filled with people that actually play?

So, the new player basically learns that he don't need to get jpscans, because they will never get defended, he does not have to worry about the target building ships.

Then he attacks a New Dawn planet, or an Urwin planet. Wonder if they'll be as nice?

Some people seem to be totally up PA teams ass and cant see the disadvantages about having automated bot planets in the game. The intent might be good, but the execution sucks.