Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 23:56   #163
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow View Post
Yeah, why not?
Because they mean something to me, and a lot of people. Its all part of being british, as well as many many other things. Stuff like this may not matter to you, but it matters to many. History is what defines a nation, and these all feature throughout our history, and are something that brings national pride to a lot of people.

You may wonder how the **** something like that can bring a feeling of national pride - but I might sit here and say how the **** can photons and accoustic waves coming from the tv excite/interest people? Why? HOW? Our brains are weird huh.

Are you actually british? If so I bet you want the monarchy to piss off as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
sigh, the flag has no relevance, it doesnt have a bearing on worldwide economics
If it is for certain that the £ is having a bad affect on the british economy, then yes - I would be all for getting rid of it. Sadly, that is all opinion atm though. Some experts say one thing, others say something else. Therefore, why get rid of it? Why are you and deepflow so hellbent to get rid of it?

edit: Reminds me of a conversation a while back with JC. He was saying how ditching the £ for the euro would almost certainly help his father out financially (or it would help the company he works for, and thus him). But despite that, even he (his father) would vote to keep the £.

The £ brings national pride to a lot of people, and it is british (not that many things atm are really british anymore ). You would say that is stupid - I would say you people care too much about money, and not what really matters.

Last edited by newt; 10 Jun 2009 at 00:03.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote