View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 13:14   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Movie Review - Transformers

I have only seen a cam but with movies like this sometimes this is the best way to see them for what they are as it prevents you being distracted by how great it looks.

The movies has some major problems, the biggest being Michael Bay himself. As a director hes a bit of a hack, he can do the big action and special effects stuff well but thats where his skills stop. Most of his movies and transformers is no different are like one of those paint by numbers. He has his pencil outline which say xx minutes explosion goes here, xx minutes, Sidekick makes a witty remark ect ect and he doesn't stray outside this outline ever. It makes the movie predictable and when you have seen one Bay movie you have basically seen them all. And then it comes to the none action scenes, he knows he needs them but he has no clue how to pull them off. They are badly written, under developed, often badly acted, overlong and generally just badly directed. Take the scene where they destroy the family's back yard, it seemed almost as long as the rave scene in Matrix 2. And when scenes weren't too long they were jumping around like a kid with ADHD. A movie should flow but this movie had no flow whatsoever. Then you have Megan Fox, I havent seen her in anything else so its hard to judge if she is just eye candy with no talent but the way she was used in this movie was just that. While casting older people to play School kids is the norm a good actor and director can make it believable (Mean Girls is a good example, especially Rachel McAdams who was 28 at the time of its release) but at no point Megan Fox ever come off as anything but someone in their 20's

I'll go and see it when its released here as id like to see how it looks on a big screen but I wont be rushing to see it, it will be something i go to see when i have nothing better to do and want something i don't have to put any thought into watcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
I watched this one on Saturday and i pretty much agree with you. I enjoyed it loads and its nice to see a high budget film that has a useable story aswell as awesome action despite only using 'B actors' compared to boring films like Spiderman that uses so much cash on 'top actors'.
What 'top actors' did spiderman use. I mean lets look at the 3 movies

Spiderman 1
Tobey Maguire - A few critically aclaimed performances in movies like Pleasentville, Wonder Boys, The Cider House Rules and Ride with the Devil but was hardly a top draw actor and most people would have said "who" before Spiderman and then Seabiscuit

Kirsten Dunst - Largely been doing Teen Flicks like Bring it on (admittedly Teen Flicks that were fairly well received)

James Franco - Best known for the cancelled too early TV show Freaks and Geeks

Willem Dafoe - While a great actor he isnt a major star. He's like William H Macy, if you want an actor who will do the part well and for a reasonable pricet you cast him, if you want to sell the movie off the actors back you dot

Spiderman 2

Alfred Molina - Replaced Dafoe, bit part actor

Spiderman 3

Thomas Haden Church - rave reviews for sideways a few years earlier but apart from that not much done.

Topher Grace - Most famous for That 70's Show

Bryce Dallas Howard - Most famous for being Ron Howards Daughter. Was pretty good in The Village (but was also in the mess that was Lady in the water0

The line up in those 3 movies is certainly no stronger than the transformers line up of

Shia LaBeouf - Supporting roles in I, Robot and Constantine and won rave reviews in the lead role in Disturbia

Josh Duhamel Star of TV show Las Vegas

Anthony Anderson - Stared in Me Myself and Irene, Romeo Must Die, Barbershop, Scary Movie 3 & 4, , Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle and the Departed. Also a regular on US TV where hes had Special Guest star roles in shows like Veronica MArs, The Shield and Till Death

Jon Voight Probally Best known now for Being Angelina Jolies Dad but a top actor in his own right

Hugo Weaving Stared in Lord of the rings, Matrix triology, V for Vendette
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote