View Single Post
Unread 1 Dec 2006, 19:13   #25
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I've never been a tryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i didn't join back then.

the problem with most new posters is that they are infact fairly shit. (hardly suprising given that most people are infact very shit)

it really isn't at all hard to be "accepted". just speak the truth. you're only going to look like a complete wanker when you try to gain "respect" by acting the big man or trying to look like you have a PHD in a subject that you clearly don't.

not everyone who posts on GD is a minion of yahwe. infact half the forums migrated just to get away from him. he's not gd's best poster despite what jbg says and unless he grows up he'll never get close. just speak your mind, don't be afraid to learn, take criticism for what it is and deconstruct your own ego (or someone will do it for you)
it can be a truely cathartic experience.
I'm well aware of what happened with the Plastic Brilliance thing, yes. I'm not that keen on getting "accepted" either, seeing how most of the light-hearted and (in my opinion) fun posters left due to the way they were being treated.

I'm probably just reading stuff into things that isn't really there though. Some shit people are here, have been here for a long time, and will probably stay here for a very long time aswell. I consider them to be GD-Furniture. I'm just expressing my opinion though, half the forum leaving wasn't enough reason for people to change, so I'm not campaigning in the illusion some guy who just posts here occasionally (like me) could make people realise.