View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 12:57   #27
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: the Union Forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
(On the Irish issue i dont believe we should still be there and a united Irish Nation would be the best thing for them )
I don't really think so. Northern Ireland and it's people have been so ****ed over for so long that there is little left but a chaotic, bitter and resentful populace. This is the kind of damage that will take decades, at the least, to heal.

In 1998 the Irish people washed their hands of the problem and voted overwhelmingly (c. 95%) that they wanted nothing more to do with it. I suppose a lot of that is greed. We are currently a very wealthy nation by anyone's standards but despite this we simply cannot afford the level of investment that is required to run the place. I believe the figure is about £40 billion per annum.

So you guys can keep it. Or give it to Scotland and they can be "independent" together. It won't matter when we all join the Federated States of Europe in 20 years time anyway.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote