Thread: One man Bands
View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2008, 12:07   #19
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: One man Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I didn't misinterpret your post, you took the term to mean something it didn't
well when you define the context and the site you got your definition then it can mean anything you want it to.

Wikipedia : In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who takes a position for the sake of argument

Idioms : One who argues against a cause or position either for the sake of argument or to help determine its validity.

Yourdictionary.com : a person who upholds what is regarded as the wrong side or an indefensible cause, perversely or for argument's sake

yes there are many definitions and many uses for a devils advocate. yes you found one and it wasn't what i meant.

Congratulations, you can argue for the sake of arguing, or maybe just feel the need to not have misinterpreted what i said. Either way, i wasn't wrong. Your simply clinging to the first google hit you got and arguing it to death. Feel free to continue and prove my point.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote