View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2007, 15:48   #9
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road
Re: Large Alliances ruin PA for everybody else

As Tietäjä has already stated, the current situation is that the major alliances all nap each other and wave everything else to death.
It's clear that it isn't very funny for the players to loose nearly all their roids once or twice a week.
I think that's the reason why Forral created this thread.

The big question is why the major alliances do that instead of fighting each other?

In my opinion there a two reasons for that.
1) Napping each other and raid "noobs" promises a higher score than a war and nowadays alliances are measured by their scores.

2) To fight a war you need alot of dedicated officers.
DCs are the major problem here. Good DCs who can handle 10 defcalls (or more) at the same time without mixing them up or even forget one of them are rare. Getting a 24/7 availability of them is next to impossible for most alliances nowadays. I would guess that the major alliances have less than 15 ppl who are able and willing to do that, and 15 (most of them are from europe so they might be available at similar times) are clearly not enought for a 24/7 availability.

There has to be found a way to counter these 2 problems.
Decreasing the member limit as Forral suggested would be counterproductive for the second problem and it wouldn't help with the first either. 10 alliances waving 2 gals each or 20 alliances waving 1 gal each won't make a difference. It might even lead to more double booking.

So my ideas to counter this problems (well they aren't realy my ideas as they have been stated before by others).

Remove Alliance Rankings.
Planetarion is a Wargame. So let the community deside who has fought better. Just like the way it was in the old days.

Increase the alliance limit to atleast 150 or remove the limit completly.

I think this would lead to more interresting rounds for the players of the bigger alliances and other players could live in "peace" without loosing all their roids once or twice a week.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote