View Single Post
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 02:13   #42
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
'Christmas' is plainly a Christian festival. It's really quite silly to claim otherwise. Christmas did, of course, supercede an ealier pagan festival (how rude), but these things happen. Yorkshire locals were once Danish. My mother was born with a different surname. There was once a supermarket called Safeway but it is now part of a chain called Morrisons. In these things I have just had to let go.
I'm sure there are some Christians willfully taking advantage of the needy in order to evanglise coldly, hypocritically and nastily, without any sincere desire to help. Still, these are a minority, who are not behaving as Christians should and often do, and they're being a damn sight more helpful than if they were sitting at home philosophising on the death of God or playing Risk online or something.
Instead of ridiculing Travler, perhaps we all could dedicate some time to helping the disadvantaged, for example?
I get involved because I don't like the smug, officious and misinformed attitudes that are always aired in these kinds of discussions. It's perfectly fine to disagree, it's great to hold opinions vehemently, but I get riled by the Dawkins-esque arrogance of it all. Admittedly, a lot of the religious are equally as foolish and self-righteous in these things and it's terribly hard to resist giving them big fat slaps such as 'Prof' Dawkins so richly deserves, but the world would be a friendlier place if we resisted the temptation, wouldn't it?
The only smug, officious or missinformed attitudes in this thread have come from travler.

My first reply to you was to correct your disingenuous claims. I had hoped you would not try the same tactic again.

Add something to the discussion or get out.