View Single Post
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:07   #39
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Re: Built like tanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
in what possible way do you suppose the art of war applies to a mild disagreement between two people in the context of a fairly heavily policed and monitored society?
It seems you have missed two points - the fact that "the art of war" is cited everywhere nowadays in business and is "supposedly" been read by many "managers" and therefore regularly cited plus the smiley i placed at the end of the sentence hinting at a "tong in cheek" comment.

Whats the point of your "heavily policed and monitored society" comment? Did you miss reading the papers lately? Some people here act like no violence exists on the streets and in the rare case it does - a bunch of police officers jumps out of a nearby hedge and arrests the bully while the public crowd cheers and throws flowers.

Quote:
Or actually are you just a bit of a twat who can't back up an argument with relevant sources?
Im glad you jumped right into the "discussion" with a personal insult. This seems to be a repeating pattern on this group.

So which "argument" do you so nicely ask me to "back up"?

IMHO it is stupid to pick or provoke a fight if you cant win it. If you think thats courageous and not stupid, then we disagree. A lot of people i know would disagree with you too and i mean from martial arts instructors, security personel, medic personel and other people who actually have experience with the results of such "courageous" acts.

And just for you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
Generally in warfare:

If ten times the enemy's strength, surround them;

if five times, attack them;

if double, divide them;

if equal, be able to fight them;

if fewer, be able to evade them;

if weaker, be able to avoid them.
Note the absence of any "if weaker, be courageous" rule

However i dont claim it to be a law of nature - if you disagree, then thats fine with me but wont change my mind.

Quote:
(oh: and s|k's a big burly ex-military guy who could have you in a fight and then **** your mother afterward just to prove a point. saying he's insecure about his fitness isn't just stupid, it's hilariously stupid.)
a) you have no clue about me so what exactly do you "compare" here?
b) good going for trying to move a discussion about the benefits of excercises with weights into a "my daddy can beat up your daddy" contest. But to encourage more of that - 6'2 and 250 pounds wouldnt mean i automatically avoid a fight
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote