View Single Post
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 15:00   #24
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Re: Built like tanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Even if they weren't steroid abusing freaks themselves, they almost certainly have guns and/or other weapons about their person anyhow. I don't even want to know how many "reps" I'd need to do before I could bully people with weapons. That's the local places at least, at my regular haunts they're generally nice people and a pleasure to get on with so I've no real desire to bully them.
Well if you want to talk seriously about it - no amount of "reps" or weightlifting will do that for you. From a certain point on building more muscle mass means you get slower. 30% weight- and 70% martial arts training should do. It depends on how you train with the weights.

And then there is murphys law about combat ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I use public transport and don't really want to have a car so this analogy doesn't appeal.
In my analogy that means you rely on calling the police or getting help from other people instead of beeing able to control a situation. The point in beeing physically bigger or better in hand to hand combat is to control a situation and not to escalate it.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote