View Single Post
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 11:30   #29
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The player base votes ... Death to ETD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
It is in fact a vote on race as Mzyxptlk point's out
No he doesn't. If you want to call it a vote, it's a vote on a combination of the two. It's certainly not just 'a vote on Etd' as you portray it to be though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
the number of people have chosen etd is far below that of any other race, and the etd stats are not THAT bad. What it tells me is that the race bonus that etd gets does not hold people's interest. The race bonus that every other race has (cloak, emp, stealing, massive armor) appeals to a certain subset of the players in the game, no matter how bad the stats. The race bonus that etd has, (all of the above) does not seem to hold player's interest. Honestly I believe the etd stats are better then the cath stats this round, and yet etd is the least chosen race by far. Because of this, and the etd showing since the race's inception that the player base has not found a unique interesting facet that makes them want to play etd no matter the stats, something that has happened with the other 4 races.
I'm not entirely sure what Etd's benefits are these days, since you can't trust the manual, but it's part-salvage bonuses and part-all types of ships, right?

In Etd's first two rounds, lots of people played as them. That shows that people are not averse to playing as Etd. Yes, there's less of a fanbase at present but it will grow. It's an attractive option to have ships of all types, as long as Etd are a credible race with an equal chance of winning the round. I'm not up-to-date on stats, but if they're shit - either from a planet rank point of view or an alliance defence point of view, then no wonder people aren't choosing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Compare Cathaar and Eitraides, arguably both bad choices this round. For that matter, check out any bad choice during the last few rounds. I haven't seen numbers go this low since the first time I played. While yes, you're right that ingame choices don't mean everything, they can be a pretty decent indicator that something is up.
I agree - based on my experience, Cathaar has the most players 'loyal' to it out of all the races. However, I don't believe that this is the death knell for Eitraides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
maybe we should give ETD another 15 rounds like the other races had to gain some fanboys.

Dont force changes that just take a lil more time - and we all know thats what PA is about!
That mirrors my thinking.

However, I do subscribe to the belief that Cathaar is inherently broken, and I'm a big fanboy for jer's stats. I'd remove them and re-distribute EMP to Xan/Zik, not sure if I'd give it to Terran or not.

The concept of a 6th Race exists, which I keep going on about but I think it's a ****ing good idea.

Summary: the 6th race's ships steal the defending planet's resource income for that combat tick, according to the value of their ships surviving the battle (each ship can steal its own resource cost).