View Single Post
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:32   #8
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Logical Fallacies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Then we have the naturalistic fallacy, which is a form of the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. The naturalistic fallacy infers "ought" from "is". So "there exists a state of affairs such that x" becomes "there should be a state of affairs such that x". This is obviously gibberish because the state of affairs such that x could be the existence of slavery or the criminalisation of homosexuality, or anything you'd like to propose as "not a good thing".
According to wikipedia (hoho) you have 'misunderstood' both Hume and Moore, and missed the 'deep' consequences that the is-ought problem poses.
Frankly, I think the is-ought problem only serves to highlight how boring and meaningless philisophical meandering becomes.