View Single Post
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 20:57   #40
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Re: personal data storage

The argument that you "need to supply your real identity, for prosecution in case you commit fraud" is more then a bit ... hilarious.

and for the umpteenth time ... there (usually) is NO anonymity on the internet, there is _pseudonymity_. The need to reveal my true identity, is a matter for the police in case i actually would do something like CC fraud on the internet and definately not necessary for company XYZ who will lose that data due to the next incompetent web-admin who hasnt heard about sql-injection, transaction locking, race conditions, cross-site scripting attacks, php exploits and many more.

Since a certain "big" company started to do "real personal verification" of signup data, the amount of elvis presleys playing their game, has skyrocketed. Because many personal ID's of people are ready for use on the web. So whats the point?

I never use(d) my real personal info either.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote