View Single Post
Unread 25 Aug 2010, 14:24   #35
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Re: personal data storage

There is really no need for using real names and details in games like this, except when payments are taken into consideration. If you wish to use a credit-card anywhere online, you will have to give out your name, no way around that. True, some countries do not have name-checks, but some do.
But I have to admit I am sick and tired of the whole "i-wont-tell-you-my-name" some people seem to cling to. As much as I respect others privacy, they must also respect that sometimes some kind of identitification is required. Sometimes people break laws through the net and they should be caught. Anonymity has its price and it is usually always paid by others than the anonymous...