Thread: donation whores
View Single Post
Unread 1 Apr 2010, 15:33   #218
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: donation whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
because that score is NOT at the other 7 planets ingal?

Jesus, have you been dropped on your head as a kid a lot?
You are not using arguments light. You are not responding to arguments. There is no logic in the things you say. STOP IT.
So you're saying that there should be no donation limits, as anything donated has a negative effect on the planet donating it?

Again, by that logic roid donations and ship donations within a galaxy or alliance should be allowed.

I also said in terms in terms of planet balance, not galaxy balance. There are 3 ways to win in planetarion via planet/galaxy and alliance and all have to be balanced as much as possible with no tactic being overwelming overpowered in relation to other tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
They already think it is pretty hillarious what we do!
Also, if fairness is based on planet to planet why in gods name should we not be allowed to priv gal every round and why in gods name are there donations and why in gods name should random galaxies be any different in terms of fairness than priv gals?

why why why?
I havent seen any PA Team member post in this thread? except the occasional multihunter which have said its not cheating but the rules should be changed.

As its also balanced on galaxy and alliance, we dont have priv gals every round as its not balanced and doesnt give any chance to a new player, basically forcing them to go random into a farm galaxy.

Donations main aim is to help newer or lower players in the galaxy to grow or to compensate a player who 'took a hit' for the galaxy. Its a unintended consequence that the current donation rules allow a planet to be donated to clear #1.

Also you'll note the PA Team 'tried' to balance random galaxys by giving them more players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Honestly, I think fairness should be based on alliance v alliance. Any other wins are pretty ****ing meaningless already anyway.
I somewhat agree with this, Alliance wins and alliance wars are the main aim and the motivation behind alot of players. Its also what most players care about (unless they happen to be in the top10 planets or top3 galaxys).

However, fairness in terms of balance should also be trying to balance out the galaxy and planet ranks as well so that there are no tactics which allow a clear-cut advantage. As ive said before, if you'd like to see a tactic where by you can start with a value lead, then have it as a goverment with a one-off resource payment and balance it with lower income overall. That seems to be the main thing about goverments, some offer short term advantages to get you off to a great start and some offer short term disadvantages which slowly become better as the round goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMANish View Post
Random Babble
Ty for the input and while i appreciate the time taken to try and make your trolling seem intelligent; it failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Bluearmy is just the giant homosexual tip of the donation iceberg. There are plenty more people getting donations or donating things away, and while he is the most obvious, he is certainly not the worst. In fact it's pretty much becoming mandatory for the top gals to play around with the gal fund this round. You can talk about things being fair or unfair until you are blue in the face but it really has very little relevance here.
I dont really see how it has little relevence, especially if now donations are mandatory for a top galaxy to stay top (and top planet to stay top). I try not to mention bluearmy at all, as that has no relevence as im not trying to get him closed nor claim he is a cheater.. I would like a discussion on rule changes about the donation system for next round, however it seems Asc does not want any discussion on it and just keep saying 'its completly balanced and fair' (while some members have been saying they would like no donation limits, roid and ship donations to be allowed, and no alliance tag limits.. None of which i see as balanced nor have any reasons been said why its a good idea).

Quote:
I do like donations as a possibility, as well as people going cov-opping being able to help their gal mates in that way, but it still needs a lower limit. 20 million maximum donations would make it a viable but in no way earthshattering tactic.
I dislike the donation system in general.

We have made ship production give you score so you cannot hide your score, yet we still allow planets to hide there score via the gal fund.
We have made ship donations and roid donations against the rules but allow resource donations on a massive scale (at the beginning of the round, Its not such a huge value gain later on).

The only thing i like about the donation system is the ability to help lower players to build up or to compensate someone who gave up there roids ingal to help someone else ingal when under attack.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote