View Single Post
Unread 4 Oct 2007, 22:43   #63
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Its things like this that make me wish i was still a student :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
If you're teaching access is it that big a step to doing the same thing in sql??
Beyond a certain (quite low) point, Access is much harder to use anyway in my experience. I've been maintaining db's for a while now and of the wide range of queries I am faced with,the "Hey can you support this Access application that someone wrote three years ago and then left" scenario is the one which causes a not inconsiderable amount of pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What kind of things would you put in a home database except music/DVD collections?
Very simplistic web backend. You're much more likely to go the Apache / PHP route if you want to learn anything, but with a normally configured copy of XP Pro+Office it's something like four lines of code to get a simplistic query showing on a web page. If you're unwilling/unable to install new software/services then it does the trick.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote