View Single Post
Unread 2 Jul 2006, 05:11   #78
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: [Christianity] A question to those of religious leanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Yes okay science doesn't always lead to the best answers the first time, but so what, it is still based on rational exploration of observable phenomenon, unlike Christianity which is just nonsensical fantasy.
Even to believe in science and emperical data take a great deal of faith in that which you have not seen or measured yourself. You can read what has been recorded and maybe watch a video or see a picture. Without being there and being a part of the gathering of that data you take it on faith that these people are being accountable and not just making stuff up.

Did you know that some people hold the belief that man did not land on the moon? There is a conspiracy theory that the supposed moon landing was filmed on a soundstage in the UK. Personally I think we did go to the moon but the scenes on TV may(for possible reasons of security) have been created to show what was expected. Since I was not there I have to take it on faith that man landed on the moon and all video is valid and true.

Now what is so different from taking science on faith and taking a religeous belief on faith? Well with some things from science it can be duplicated like an experiement. You cannot duplicate a personal relationship with the creator of the universe. You can have a similar relationships as others but it will be your own.

Just remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote