View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2009, 10:46   #35
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: All for 1 and 1 for all (ETA)

Indeed but the problem your showing is the fact of the stats fitting the current mechanics of PA.

Just think of rock, paper, scissors. The stats try to do this but when you have rock travelling faster than scissors, then it becomes unbalanced.

You also have the effect that Paper is unfairly targetted by the other 2, while those two will only be targetted by 1 other meta class.

So as it stands going for FI/CO or CR/BS is a better chance of landing. But because FI/CO get a bonus to ETA, that in effect promotes them over BS/CR. But then the better players around will see the high percentage of FI/CO (which lack any anti-CR/BS) will utilise that hole.

If ETA were all equal, the stats would need to reflect the change, that means including CR/BS that shoot FI/CO, however they is no need to have all races include that said angle(remember you can have Fi/Co or Co/Fi or 1 of either), you need gaps for attacking.

In the original PA, all classes had different ETA's with BS taking the longest. Then came the time of the meta class (no idea when that came in TBH). So I see that PATeam are not adverse to changing the mechanics of flight.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote