View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 10:05   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
All for 1 and 1 for all (ETA)

Ok so we have had different ETA for all ships classes (and now meta classes) from the time PA began.

But with multiple pod types, Fi/Co fleets seem to be the best on paper because of the speed factor (only 1 tick to get def and thats only FI/CO that can make that time), where as BS/CR, you usually have 2 ticks to gather defence (BS/CR/DE/FR).

I think this is problem for the BS/CR fleets, and does need a change.

I propose we unify all ETA's to the current FR/DE value. With all defence fleets getting -1 eta.

Here are the pros

1) Spreads out the problem of overkill in Fi/Co fleets.

2) Stat makers would be able to include BS/CR killing Fi/Co, and vice versa.

3) Those slow end ships that were only good for in gal defence are now usable out side gal.

4) Makes the Meta2 (Fr/De) class a more viable attack fleet, as they are required less for def needs, with most Meta2 target BS/CR (meta 3).

5) Expanding on #4, the Meta2 class (FR/DE), has a hard time as its targetted by the lower Meta1 and higher Meta3, which means its got a 2/3 chance of losing, so unifying the eta and including #2 reduces this effect.

6) Meta3 (Cr/Bs) are now able to have the same chance at landing as the Meta1 (basing on only 1 tick to get defence).

So what are the cons?

1) A tradition of smaller = faster is lost (not even affected by race storylines any more i.e xan = smaller ships).

2) Xans dominance on using Fi/Co to attack is reduced (this is both good and bad).

3) Attack fleets are now usable for defence.

Key:

Meta1 = Fi/Co
Meta2 = Fr/De
Meta3 = Cr/BS

vChange Tracker Thread : http://pirate.planetarion.com/vbugs....ug_statusid=12

But seeing as this one has been rejected within 5 hours, is there any need to discuss it?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 4 Jun 2009 at 10:16.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote