Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 19:28   #81
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Animal Rights

ASG:
I promised myself I wouldn't waste time posting on here tonight, so I'll leave you in the capable hands of MrL_Jackanory here. My posts are always logically self-consistent and well-reasoned, whereas you started off stating that you didn't believe in the value of morals other that what we place in them, and then said that we shouldn't hurt animals. These two statements are obviously contradictory. If you don't understand what I mean by that, my Tab counterpart will be able to tell you.

Apart from that, in the interest of preserving my own reputation, I was not referring to self-harming, which involves damage, as distinct from pain that does not cause damage. I was talking about martial artistry, where we learn ways of hurting people with varying levels of damage to accompany the pain. We do not damage each other in training.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote