Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 03:08   #55
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Animal Rights

I don't really agree with testing on intelligent animals (by which I mean primates and others of similar intelligence levels) as it does basically amount to torture. I'm not really sure how much that can be applied to a mouse though. Sure it can feel pain, but it isn't really self-aware enough to know what it's being put through.

So far as animal rights in general goes, I have two issues really:
- As a country we give more to animal charities than to childrens charities. This is ****ing retarded and we need to sort our priorities out. The pretty bunny wabbits can wait.
- Extremists. Seriously, **** you. By any decent interpretation of the law you're terrorists. Animal testing does not give you the right to firebomb the houses and cars of people who do so, and to attack families is disgusting. That case where they exhumed some poor family's grandmother (over guninea pigs no less*, hardly the most sentient lifeform on the planet) and hid the body as a method of extortion shows just what a bunch of nutjobs most of these advocates are.

Basically, we come first. If you're serious about "animal rights" in the same way you mean "human rights" then the only logical thing to do is go become a fruitarian, which is equally as retarded as the whole concept really. Yes, mistreatment for the sake of it is bad. But please get a sense of proportion.

*Disclaimer:
I have kept guineapigs as pets. However I don't have a problem with people doing testing with them so long as some sort of sense of morality is maintained (ie. don't cause the little buggers undue suffering etc).
But seriously, they're really ****ing stupid. Sweet, but dumb. They have no self-awareness in a meaningful conciousness sense, and no real memory to speak of either. Mine would happily run into a flowerpot and get themselves hopelessly stuck, then do exactly the same thing 5 minutes later having just been rescued; they don't ever learn anything.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 5 Aug 2006 at 03:14.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote