View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 21:37   #132
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ticks stop - rollback etc

Ok this could prove quite lengthy but i will try and cover the basics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Utter madness, can't be team use common sense instead of using rules, which while can serve a purpose need to be flexible in approach.

I wish the community as a whole were consulted instead of a few special ones in a channel who don't play the game.
Ok firstly, the reason we have this procedure is because the community forced us to make a procedure of this nature. Secondly, We took time consulting with the alliance reps (who are supposed to represent all their members), the PA reps (support team, mh, news team, ops team and moderators) via a discussion thread that was on their forum. As well as this we took views from the umpteen threads that were on this very forum on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
[20:24] <ReligFree> why not reset it to before any attacks were sent then
[20:24] <ReligFree> would get rid of any unfair advantage

Id be annoyed that its broke and stuff, but would clearly be able to understand how it could be considered fair and balanced as would just about anyone.
In this situation we have taken the decision to adhere to the procedures that have been drawn up. If we had written a procedure to cover all eventualities (including downtime this early in the round) the procedure could be limitless in size and simply isnt practical. As i said in a previous post we will review this procedure to improve upon it.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote