View Single Post
Unread 15 May 2010, 15:12   #73
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
Size of an alliance does matter.

lets say 2nd tier alliance (40 members) wants to hit a private gal of a 1st tier alliance (full tag). How many fleets do you expect to land when they have more then twice the fleets available for def.
and lets see if it happened the other way around? only half the fleets available for def against twice the attack fleets.
Ofcourse it matters, but can you explain to me why this should be possible? Why should a small group of 2nd tier players be able to succesfully hit a private galaxy of a large group of 1st tier players?
I understand that it is pretty awesome for the first group, but the reward for the second group is just silly. Their activity and better 'skills' are not rewarded in any way.
What is wrong with the second situation? I know that the second group loses out in that situation, but there is absolutely nothing to stop them from organizing themselves better or increasing their defpool. In game terms I also see nothing wrong with 'small, bad quality group loses against big, high quality group'.

You are implicating, proof me wrong, that a larger tag makes for more efficient value. I beg to differ. Good organized groups prefer to be a bit smaller to organize their value more efficient and not waste it on 'dead weight'. The bigger your tag will be, the more inefficient its value. The key point is to organize your value in an efficient way.