View Single Post
Unread 15 May 2010, 14:53   #69
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
To play this game you need to enjoy it, but how can you enjoy the game having 5-8 waves with only 300 roids on your planet being gangbanged by an alliance of 100 members knowing that you can't defend against it.A

Reducing the tag limit will let quality come out on top.B

Even things out or just let the game die like it has been doing for these past 10 rounds.C
I have seperated your post in 3 parts, A, B and C.

A: Can you explain to me why a 100 member alliance would 5 to 8 wave a planet on 300 roids? I know planets with 300 roids get those waves, but this usually occurs when they have a shit fleet, worthless galaxy, clueless alliance or a combination of the aforementioned. This attracts incoming and there is nothing orchestrated about. There is no logic to spend 8 waves on a 300 roid planet. Therefore, I consider this to be a non-argument, supporting exactly nothing.

B: Can you please explain this? If anything, it would suggest that elite groups will form and that 'smaller' alliances will die harder because of the inate gap in quality between a 'recruiting' alliance and a 'hardcore' alliance. You will die like flies, because I think homogene groups will form according to quality and playing style. This idea is supported by this article.. Because of this I refute this as an argument (you did not only not back it up, at the moment you have to counter my argument too)

C: The number of players has been roughly the same the last 10-15 rounds (mz's data backs this up). Knowing the interactions in the community it suggests that there is a larger pool of players that occasionally play the round and some who just sign up every round. The community itself is a bit bigger then the number of players per round. You can refute this statement by going to the PA history page and datamining all the nicks of the players that played the previous 10 to 15 rounds and show this hypothesis wrong.

I think I have just shown your post is utter nonsense and you should actually read stuff people post on here or shut your mouth for the sake of a healthy discussion.