View Single Post
Unread 15 May 2010, 14:46   #68
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
To play this game you need to enjoy it, but how can you enjoy the game having 5-8 waves with only 300 roids on your planet being gangbanged by an alliance of 100 members knowing that you can't defend against it.

Reducing the tag limit will let quality come out on top.

Even things out or just let the game die like it has been doing for these past 10 rounds.
That's a very strange assumption, that bashing small players has anything to do with alliance size.

I also very much doubt you can present an example where one alliance sent 5-8 waves on a small target, nor do I see how the size of the alliance factors into this equation. The implication is that because of the number of players in the tag, the impact of the amount of waves and value of fleets sent at the a player increases. Plainly, this is not true.

If however you intend to make the argument that larger alliances are more likely to send more waves and value to attack smaller planets, then I would like to see how you justify this assumption. Clearly, this is a waste of fleets, and not something the implicitly feared top alliances tend to engage in, regardless of the size of their tag.

If your argument in fact was that larger alliances have fewer targets available to them, then this argument is somewhat true, assuming no political actions are taken throughout the round, in which case NAP's and co-operation may reduce the number of targets for a smaller alliance below that of a bigger one. And besides, doubling alliance size from say 50 to 100 in a 1k player universe only reduces the available targets for the alliance by about 5%, hardly enough to force them to double the amount of waves on the very worst targets.