View Single Post
Unread 11 Nov 2005, 21:17   #37
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: So if you had to choose...

hey after googling, it turns out davis also supports a 'flat foreign policy'
Quote:
CW: And in addition to your flat tax support, my notes also say you support a 'flat foreign policy.' Could you tell us a little more about that?

DD: Sure. The flat foreign policy system is about optimizing your policies while trying to keep them as simple as possible. For example, should we invade a given country? Well, we need to look at the costs and benefits, and then run them through an arbitrary function. China? Well, figure the expense and likely number of casualties times an arbitrary factor X, minus the effect of not invading, times an arbitrary Y. It's a very simple system.

CW: But what are X and Y?

DD: Constants. Whichever ones make an ideal foreign policy, obviously. Also, it's important that there are no exemptions, just like my tax system.

CW: So that puts you down somewhere between favoring invading every other country all of the time and no other country ever, right?

DD: It certainly does not exclude those endpoints, but yes.

CW: Wait, so do you favor invading China or not?

DD: The important thing is not whether or not I favor invading a given country at a given time, it is that I have an arbitrary system that could be described as 'flat' to decide it. You see, for a lot of voters, it doesn't matter what the actual policies you favor are, just so long as the system you use to achieve them could fairly be described as 'flat.'

CW: Thanks very much Mr. Davis for making the time....
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote